Summer is in full swing out here in Boise, Idaho, and there is so much to do. It can be easy to get into a routine of going to work, maybe going to the gym, going home, and then repeating this process. What fun is your life if you spend 90% of it doing the exact same routine?
Break out and take advantage of the excitement and adventure Idaho offers. One incredibly fun thing to do in the summers here in Idaho is to go whitewater rafting or river floating. When you do, you might be faced with figuring out how to get there and back.
If you find yourself in such a situation, give us a call quickly. We are here to help transport you to and from your adventures this summer. With flexible schedules and rental options, you can turn your life from boring to the envy of your co-workers!
Where to Go Whitewater Rafting
It is well known that Idaho is home to some fantastic whitewater with plenty of adventure potential. While Idaho, in general, is a pretty well-kept secret, we do want to share with you some fantastic rivers easily accessible from Boise for your whitewater pleasure! Here are just some of the rivers and places that have guided raft trips:
- Salmon River: The main part of the Salmon River is 89 miles of splendor and fun. Transfers include Salmon, Idaho, and McCall, Idaho.
- Middle Fork of the Salmon River: The legendary Middle Fork offers up 100 miles of river through the Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness.
- Lower Salmon River: Popular with families, the Lower Salmon covers 53 miles and connects to the Snake River.
- Snake River: There are many places to raft the Snake, including the popular Hells Canyon route along the Idaho/Oregon border.
- Riggins, Idaho: For shorter trips down the Salmon, plan a day trip out of Riggins.
- Stanley, Idaho: One of Idaho's most popular destinations for rafting and other outdoor activities, Stanley is a perfect takeoff for the Salmon.
- Horseshoe Bend, Idaho: A popular spot for half-day trips down the Payette River, Horseshoe Bend is a short drive from Boise.
While these are just some of the rafting opportunities, we encourage you to get out and have some fun this summer. If you ever need transportation to or from your adventures this summer, be sure to contact us.